Sunday, September 26, 2010

pumpkin spice latte kind of night

This evening as Michael and I strolled along our neighborhood, me with my first of the season pumpkin spice latte in hand, a wonderful memory came to mind as we passed a house with the smell of burning wood coming from their back yard....

A few years ago my Wednesday's once included setting out for Beaumont for the King's house.  I remember pulling up to the house, walking up to the front door and without knocking pushing the front door open.  During the cooler parts of the year we would walk through the kitchen, through the other meeting place and through the door into the back yard.  Here a fire pit would be blazing away, the smell of burning wood and smoke filled the air...and that warm and cozy feeling only the fall can bring would wrap around us.  Here I was surrounded by some of the greatest people I have ever known.  Here I was surrounded by family.  This community was one of the best I have ever been a part of.  And tonight as I walked hand-in-hand with my wonderful husband, hundreds and thousands of miles away from these dear people I left the city of Waco, and revisited my old friends. 

Community...you are missed, you are loved and you will always have a place in my heart and memory.  You are one of the GREAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment