Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Beginnings

About two months ago I found myself once again pleading to the Lord, "Jesus, can I please, please leave Target?!"  Over the past two and half years I have gone up and down with Target.  Seeing the greatness, seeing the Lord work to feeling like I was in a dark whole while at work, surrounded by ugliness, bitterness and evil.  And during these two and half years I have gone from fervent prayer for Target, for my fellow team members, for 1531(our store number).  Praying hard for strength to preach the gospel, for change, for light to fill this dark place.  Jesus has been so faithful...I have watched light spring up in the unlikely of places, hearing talk of Lord during the day and feeling His peace fall upon us all...even if some didn't know what was happening.  In periods of low times I fervently pray to leave, to find a new job.  During these times Jesus has always given me new vision, given me someone new to reach out to, to pray for and with that given me renewed strength to press on and to continue His work. 

At the beginning of August I found myself in one of the lowest times of my career at Target.  Management was going down, work was piling up around me, no helping hand was being reached out, unbelievable expectations were being made, gossip and hard feelings were running rampant and I found myself once again pleading for the Lord to let me leave.  This time I received an unexpected answer, "Yes..."  I spent the next few days processing this answer, wondering if I truly heard the Lord right.  That week during my time with Amanda, my wonderful discipleer, I told her about what the Lord had said.  She responded with a laugh that only Amanda can do, and I knew she was about to tell me about something she had heard from the Lord.  She recalled to me a conversation that her and Ed had recently about me.  They had both said they felt that the Lord had more for me than Target.  These words were the confirmation that I needed to take the next step on this crazy new journey. 

(stay tuned to the next steps )

1 comment: