Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review: A Cliche Christmas



"A Cliche Christmas" by Nicole Deese
 
9 out of 10 Stars.  Everything you want and hope for in a Christmas tale and so much more. 

I was expecting your average Hallmark/Lifetime-ish Christmas story chalked full of predictable plots and cheesy characters, but “A Cliché Christmas” blew me away and I did not want it to end.  The story itself was still rather predictable, in that when Georgia and Weston first meet you know that this is the love story that will unfold and you know that Georgia going home for the holiday’s will change her life, however, the way everything plays out is the farthest thing from predictable. 
The main characters themselves were well developed with more depth than one would expect in a 180 page novel.  I enjoyed that throughout the novel they reacted to circumstances, situations and life in a believable way.  Also, their faith was woven so nicely into the essence of the character, that it did not come across as preachy or cliché.  The faith aspect was also not overly done or just thrown in there randomly but it always had a purpose or a reason to be mentioned and displayed. 
One of things I liked the most about this novel was Deese’s description of emotion and setting.  When she is describing a kiss you are right there feeling it too.  Or when she is setting a scene you are there in the snow, freezing as well.  Each detail had a purpose and helped drive the plot or bring more depth to a character. 
I truly have only one complaint and that is the novel was not long enough.  There was enough closure to the story that it was still satisfying but it left me wanting me more.
Highly recommend to anyone who loves a good Christmas story and is looking for a feel good romance.  

Here is my video review of the book if you would like to hear what else I have to say about the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment